Ramadan is a special month for Muslims all around the world. It is a time of spiritual reflection, prayer, and fasting. One of the most significant aspects of Ramadan is the iftar, which is the meal that breaks the fast at sunset. One of the most popular dishes during iftar is Ramadan pide, a Turkish bread that is typically served with a variety of toppings. In this article, we will walk you through the steps to prepare this delicious dish at home.
Ingredients: What You Need For a Pide
- 4 cups of all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon of sugar
- 1 tablespoon of salt
- 1 tablespoon of dry yeast
- 1 and 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1/4 cup of olive oil
- 1 egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon of sesame seeds
- In a large bowl, mix the flour, sugar, salt, and dry yeast together.
- Add the warm water and olive oil to the dry ingredients and mix well until a dough is formed.
- Knead the dough for about 10 minutes until it becomes smooth and elastic.
- Cover the bowl with a damp towel and let the dough rise for about 1 hour in a warm place.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Divide the dough into two equal portions and shape them into oval shapes.
- Place the dough on a baking sheet lined with parchment paper and let them rest for 15 minutes.
- Brush the egg yolk on top of the dough and sprinkle sesame seeds on top.
- Bake the pide in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until it becomes golden brown.
- Remove the pide from the oven and let it cool for a few minutes before serving.
Ramadan pide can be served with a variety of toppings. Some popular options include:
- Feta cheese, tomatoes, and olives
- Ground beef or lamb with onions and peppers
- Sauteed spinach and feta cheese
- Sliced tomatoes, cucumbers, and bell peppers with a drizzle of olive oil
If you enjoyed learning how to prepare Ramadan pide, you might also be interested in our article about Ramadan 2023 and its cultural significance around the world.
Enjoy a Food Tour to Try the Best of Istanbul’s Cuisine
Preparing Ramadan pide at home is a fantastic way to bring the delicious flavors of Turkey to your iftar table. With a few simple ingredients and steps, you can create this delicious and versatile bread. We hope this article has been helpful in guiding you through the process of making Ramadan pide.