The Princes’ Islands, known for their picturesque landscapes and serene atmosphere, are accessible via ferry from the mainland. In this article, you’ll find how you can get there by ferry, where to find the docks, and what schedule they have.
- 28 Top Things to Do on Princess Islands: Ideas for a Day Trip from Istanbul
- A Travel Guide to the Princes Islands near Istanbul
Istanbul’s Princes’ Islands: A Journey Through Time and Nature
These charming islands, also known as the Adalar, were named after the Byzantine and Ottoman princes who were exiled here. Today, they are a popular destination for locals and tourists alike, who come to enjoy their car-free streets, lush greenery, and magnificent Ottoman-era mansions.
Which Island to Visit?
Among the nine islands, four are open to visitors: Büyükada, Heybeliada, Burgazada, and Kınalıada. Each island has its own unique charm, with Büyükada being the largest and most popular. It’s also home to the picturesque Aya Yorgi Church and Monastery. Heybeliada, the second-largest island, is known for its lush pine forests and the impressive Naval Academy. Burgazada and Kınalıada are smaller in size but equally charming, offering quaint streets, stunning views, and a more peaceful experience. Read more…
Discover the Enchantment of Princes’ Islands
Immerse yourself in serenity; embark on a Princes’ Islands Tour. Let expert guides unravel the Islands’ rich tapestry, steeped in history and brimming with natural beauty:
Navigating the Ferries to the Princes’ Islands
Embarking on a ferry ride is an essential part of the Istanbul experience, and there are several options available for reaching the Princes’ Islands. The main operators are Şehir Hatları, TurYol, Prenstur, Dentur, and Mavi Marmara.
💡 Tip: To find routes and schedules, visit Adalardan.net.
Map of the Ferries to Adalar (Prince’ Islands)
Şehir Hatları Ferries to Princes’ Islands
Şehir Hatları, Istanbul’s official ferry company, operates multiple daily voyages from Eminönü to Kadıköy, Kınalıada, Burgazada, Heybeliada, and Büyükada. There are also at least four daily ferries between Bostancı and the islands at the same price.
The full fare with Istanbul Card is 28.27 TL.
Tips for Şehir Hatları Ferries
- These ferries fill up quickly, so arrive at least 15-30 minutes before departure to secure a good seat.
- The best time to use Şehir Hatları Ferries is during off-peak hours, as they can hold up to 1500 passengers and still fill to capacity.
- Plan your return trip from the islands early to avoid the overcrowded last ferries.
Şehir Hatları Ferry Lines to Princes’ Islands
- Kabataş – Kadikoy – Adalar
- Adalar – Kadikoy – Beşiktaş
- Bostancı – Adalar Circuit Line
- Maltepe – Büyükada – Heybeliada – Burgazada – Kınalıada Lines
Don’t Miss The Best Tours and Cruises in Istanbul
TurYol Ferries to Princes’ Islands: Lines and Schedule
TurYol offers four major lines to the Princes’ Islands:
- Eminönü – Büyükada – Heybeliada – Kınalıada Lines (50TL)
- Kadıköy Metro Port – Büyükada – Heybeliada – Kınalıada Lines (50TL)
- Karaköy Port – Büyükada – Heybeliada – Kınalıada Lines (50TL)
The lines from the islands only go to Kadıköy and Eminönü. Check schedules at turyol.com.
Sail Away on a Dream: Princes’ Islands Cruise
Embark on an enchanting journey across the azure waves. A Princes’ Islands cruise offers resplendent vistas and the allure of the open sea. Revel in the luxury of a guided tour, eschewing bustling public ferries for the tranquility of a private vessel.
Prenstur and Dentur Ferries to Princes’ Islands
Prenstur operates 19 trips a day from Kartal to the Princes’ Islands at approximately 50 TL. Visit prenstur.net for more information.
Dentur offers ferries from Besiktas, Kabatas and Eminonu with the following schedule:
From Istanbul to Prince Islands
From Prince Islands to Istanbul
Fares are approximately 50TL. Visit denturavrasya.com for more details.
Mavi Marmara Ferries to Princes’ Islands
Mavi Marmara operates ferry lines from Bostancı, Kabataş, Beşiktaş, and Eminönü. For schedules and more information, visit mavimarmara.net.
Istanbul’s Princes’ Islands are a must-visit for any traveler seeking a tranquil escape from the bustling city. With numerous ferry options, including Şehir Hatları, TurYol, Prenstur, Dentur, and Mavi Marmara, visitors can easily access the islands’ stunning landscapes and historical treasures. By following our tips and recommendations, travelers can enjoy a seamless journey to and from the Princes’ Islands, creating unforgettable memories along the way.
How do I get to the Princes’ Islands from Istanbul?
There are several ferry companies offering services to the Princes’ Islands, including Şehir Hatları, TurYol, Prenstur, Dentur, and Mavi Marmara. The schedules and fares vary, so be sure to check each company’s website for the most up-to-date information.
Which Princes’ Island should I visit?
Büyükada is the largest and most popular island, offering a range of attractions and activities. Heybeliada, Burgazada, and Kınalıada are smaller but also worth visiting for their charming atmosphere and historical sites.
What is the ferry schedule to the Princes’ Islands?
Ferry schedules vary by company and season. Visit the respective company’s website for the most accurate and up-to-date information on schedules and fares.
How much does a ferry ticket to the Princes’ Islands cost?
Ferry ticket prices vary depending on the company and route. Prices range from 28.27 TL with an Istanbul card on Şehir Hatları ferries to around 50 TL for TurYol, Prenstur, Dentur, and Mavi Marmara services.
Where can I buy a ferry ticket to the Princes’ Islands?
You can purchase ferry tickets at the ticket booths near the departure points, or on some company websites.
You Might Be Interested in
- Golden Horn in Istanbul: History, Map and Places Nearby (2023)
- The Museum of Innocence in Istanbul: Opening Hours, Visiting Info and Orhan Pamuk Collection (2023)
- Sadberk Hanım Museum in Istanbul: Tickets & Opening Hours (2023)
- How to Avoid Queues and Crowds in Istanbul: 2023 Guide
- 13 Best Turkish Wraps & Doner Kebabs in Taksim & Istiklal Street in Istanbul, 2023
- 2023 Guide to the Best Italian Restaurants in Istanbul: Beyoglu, Taksim, Galata & Kadikoy
- Best Turkish Baths and Hammams in Taksim: Istanbul 2023
- Best Turkish Ottoman Restaurants in Istanbul: 2023 Guide
- Best Turkish Breakfast in Balat, Istanbul: 2023 Guide
- Best Turkish Breakfast in Karakoy and Galata, Istanbul: 2023 Guide