Are you looking for unique experiences in the city that are off the beaten path? Look no further than Umraniye, a bustling district on the Asian side of the Istanbul that offers a range of places to visit and attractions for visitors to enjoy.
Where is Umraniye Located?
Umraniye is located on the Asian side of Istanbul, and is one of the city’s most densely populated areas. The district is situated in the Anatolian region, and is bordered by the districts of Uskudar, Atasehir, and Beykoz. See the location >>
Places to Visit in Umraniye Istanbul: the Most Interesting Spots
One of the most impressive sights in Umraniye is the Beyazit Mosque, a stunning example of Ottoman architecture that was built in the early 16th century. Visitors can explore the mosque’s beautiful interiors and admire its intricate design, which features intricate tile work and intricate calligraphy.
For those looking to escape the hustle and bustle of the city, Umraniye Park offers a peaceful retreat that is perfect for picnics, strolls, and relaxation. The park features lush greenery, a tranquil lake, and a range of recreational facilities, including jogging paths and playgrounds.
Adile Sultan Palace
Located in the nearby district of Uskudar, Adile Sultan Palace is a stunning 19th century palace that was once home to Ottoman princess Adile Sultan. Visitors can explore the palace’s beautiful interiors, which feature intricate Ottoman designs and exquisite furnishings.
Baglarbasi Culture Center
The Baglarbasi Culture Center is a must-visit destination for anyone interested in Turkish culture and history. The center features a range of exhibits and displays that showcase the district’s rich heritage, including traditional costumes, crafts, and artifacts.
For those who love history and architecture, Aydos Castle is a must-see destination. The castle dates back to the Byzantine era, and offers stunning views of the surrounding landscape.
How to Get to Umraniye from Popular Istanbul Areas
Umraniye is located on the Asian side of Istanbul, and is easily accessible from other popular areas of the city. Here’s how you can get to Umraniye from some of the most popular Istanbul areas:
- To get from Taksim to Ümraniye, walk from Taksim Square to the Taksim bus stop, take the D31 bus towards Kadıköy, transfer at Bağlarbaşı station to the 11ÜS bus line towards Sultanbeyli Peronlar, and finally disembark at Ümraniye Eğitim Araştırma Hastanesi stop.
- To get from Marmaray Sirkeci to Kırlangıç Sokak, take the train towards Pendik, disembark at Üsküdar Station, walk for about 2 minutes to Üsküdar Marmaray, and then board the 11ST bus towards Dumlupınar, finally getting off at Kırlangıç Sokak.
- Take the Umraniye-bound bus (20k) or minibus (dolmus) from Kadikoy bus station or Fikirtepe.
From Sabiha Gokcen Airport:
- Take the E11 bus to Kadikoy.
- Transfer to the Umraniye-bound bus or minibus (dolmus) from Kadikoy bus station or Fikirtepe.
Don’t Miss The Best Tours and Cruises in Istanbul
In conclusion, Umraniye is a hidden gem in Istanbul that offers a range of unique experiences and attractions for visitors to enjoy. From historical landmarks to cultural hotspots and natural wonders, there is something for everyone in this bustling district on the Asian side of the city. So why not add Umraniye to your list of must-visit destinations in Istanbul?
You Might Be Interested in
- Golden Horn in Istanbul: History, Map and Places Nearby (2023)
- The Museum of Innocence in Istanbul: Opening Hours, Visiting Info and Orhan Pamuk Collection (2023)
- Sadberk Hanım Museum in Istanbul: Tickets & Opening Hours (2023)
- How to Avoid Queues and Crowds in Istanbul: 2023 Guide
- 13 Best Turkish Wraps & Doner Kebabs in Taksim & Istiklal Street in Istanbul, 2023
- 2023 Guide to the Best Italian Restaurants in Istanbul: Beyoglu, Taksim, Galata & Kadikoy
- Best Turkish Baths and Hammams in Taksim: Istanbul 2023
- Best Turkish Ottoman Restaurants in Istanbul: 2023 Guide
- Best Turkish Breakfast in Balat, Istanbul: 2023 Guide
- Best Turkish Breakfast in Karakoy and Galata, Istanbul: 2023 Guide